Just over 8 months since the 1.3 release, we are very proud to announce the release of Apache Axis2 version 1.4.
Downloads are available at:
The Maven2 main repository has the latest jars as well.
Apache Axis2 is a complete re-design and re-write of the widely used Apache Axis engine and is a more efficient, more
scalable, more modular and more XML-oriented Web services framework. It is carefully designed to support the easy
addition of plug-in "modules" that extend its functionality for features such as security and reliability.
Modules supporting WS-Security/Secure-Conversation (Apache Rampart), WS-Trust (Apache Rahas), WS-Reliable Messaging
(Apache Sandesha) and WS-Eventing (Apache Savan) will be available soon after the Apache Axis2 1.4 release. Please see
these projects' own sites for further information.
Major Changes Since 1.3:
- Support for JAXWS and JSR 181 Annotations (See 7 samples in the binary distribution)
- Experimental CORBA Support
- Fixed tons of small and not-so-small bugs (See list in release-notes.html in the binary distribution)
Known Issues and Limitations in 1.4 Release:
- Need to use wsimport/wsgen tools in JDK1.6 for JAXWS code generation.
- Please see JIRA for the current status of bugs
We welcome any and all feedback at:
~ firstname.lastname@example.org (please include "[axis2]" in the subject, please subscribe first)
~ email@example.com (please include "[axis2]" in the subject, please subscribe first)
Thank you for your interest in Apache Axis2!