Apache Axis2/C Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Axis2/C version 1.4.0
You can download this release from
1. Support for one-way messaging (In-Only) and request response messaging (In-Out)
2. Client APIs: Easy to use service client API and more advanced operation client API
3. Transports supported: HTTP
* Inbuilt HTTP server called simple axis server
* Apache2 httpd module called mod_axis2 for server side
* IIS module for server side
* Client transport with ability to enable SSL support
* Basic HTTP Authentication
* Digest HTTP Authentication
* libcurl based client transport
4. Transports supported: HTTPS
* HTTPS Transport implementation using OpenSSL
5. Transports supported: TCP
* for both client and server side
6. Transport proxy support (HTTP)
* Proxy Authentication (Basic/Digest)
7. Module architecture, mechanism to extend the SOAP processing model.
8. WS-Addressing support, both the submission (2004/08) and final (2005/08) versions,
implemented as a module.
9. MTOM/XOP support.
10. AXIOM, an XML object model optimized for SOAP 1.1/1.2 messages;
This has complete XML infoset support.
11. XML parser abstraction
* Libxml2 wrapper
* Guththila pull parser support
12. Both directory based and archive based deployment models for deploying
services and modules
13. Description hierarchy providing access to static data of
Axis2/C runtime (configuration, service groups, services, operations and messages)
14. Context hierarchy providing access to dynamic
Axis2/C runtime information (corresponding contexts to map to each level of
15. Message receiver abstraction
* Inbuilt raw XML message receiver
16. Code generation tool for stub and skeleton generation for a given
WSDL (based on Java tool)
* Axis Data Binding (ADB) support
17. REST support (more POX like) using HTTP POST, GET, HEAD, PUT and DELETE
* Support for RESTful Services
18. Comprehensive documentation
* Axis2/C Manual
19. WS-Policy implementation called Neethi/C, with WS-SecurityPolicy extension
Major Changes Since Last Release.
1. Fixed library version numbering
2. Made Guththila as default XML parser
3. Many bug fixes.
4. Memory leak fixes
We welcome your early feedback on this implementation.
Thanks for your interest in Axis2/C
-- Apache Axis2/C Team --