WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2 release under the Apache Software License 2.0.
This release can be downloaded from http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java
From the WSO2 WSAS 2.3 - Release Note - 10th June 2008
WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2 which offers a complete middleware solution. It is a lightweight, high performing platform for Service Oriented Architectures, enabling business logic and applications.
Bringing together a number of Apache Web services projects, WSO2 WSAS provides a secure, transactional and reliable runtime for deploying and managing Web services.
* Data services support - Expose you enterprise data as a services in a jiffy
* WSAS IDE - Eclipse IDE integration
* Clustering support for High Availability & High Scalability
* Full support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-Secure Conversation and XKMS
* EJB service provider support - Expose your EJBs as services
* Axis1 backward compatibility - Deploy Axis1 services on WSAS & Engage advanced WS-* protocols in front of legacy services
* JMX & Web interface based monitoring and management
* WS-* & REST support
* GUI, command line & IDE based tools for Web service development
New Features In This Release
* Improved interoperability
* Improved Data Services support
* Various bug fixes to Apache Axis2, Apache Rampart & WSAS
* WSO2 Mercury Integration - A new WS-RM Implementation
Data Services - Bringing Enterprise Data to Web
* Service enable data locked in relational databases, CSV & Excel files in no time
* Zero code. Simple descriptor file describes the data to service mapping
* Controlled access to your data
* Customizable XML output
* Benefit from REST & WS-* support
* Built-in Connection pooling support
* Supports exposing Stored procedures & functions
* Built-in caching
* Throttling - to ensure your database is never overloaded.
* Easy configuration via graphical console
* Test your services via Try-it tool
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of professional Training Programs, including
training on general Web services as well as WSO2 WSAS, Apache Axis2, Data Services
and a number of other products.
For additional support information please refer to
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support
programs, ranging from Web-based support up through normal business
hours, to premium 24x7 phone support.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support/
For more information on WSO2 WSAS, visit the WSO2 Oxygen Tank (http://wso2.org)
How to do various things with WSAS - WSAS HOWTO Series(http://wso2.org/library/2707)
For further information see the full release note http://wso2.org/project/wsas/java/2.3/docs/release_notes.html